Monday, March 22, 2010

Clearing up Controversy

Well there seems to be a bit of controversy on how the website actually works, the service available and what is really coming soon to speedroping.com!



Well let me clear things up, first off this is a new venture and as things grow there will be the need for change, so some things may not be set in stone........With that said, I can say the video library will be set in stone and will not change, price is another subject, as I am growing the site, the cost of running it has grown too, so to make my business successful, the price for subscription is subject to increase to help defray overhead cost.

Now lets start with how the site works.
When you first visit the site I offer a sample of videos known as "public videos". These videos are viewable without a subscription and give you the chance to see if maybe a subscription would be beneficial to you.
Subscription levels right now are $25.00 a month or $150.00 yearly as stated earlier these rates are subject to change soon!
After you get a subscription you will have access to the large growing library of training videos 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
As far as customer video uploads, (used for me to view and help with your problem). Called "Voice Over"! This option is for an elite level I will be offering in the future. We have installed the video upload tab for future use, as for now it is NOT in use. Once the site is stocked full of videos and I have more time to devote to the voice overs I will enable this feature.
So a basic subscription will get you access to the GROWING video library. I have several topics listed in these categories

  • Dummies
  • Heading
  • Heeling
  • Horses
  • Personal
  • Practice
  • Preparation 
Each main category has a subcategories, for example in heeling;
  • Box
  • Corner
  • Dally
  • Delivery
  • Position 
  • Scoring
  • Target
 Now how about the services available.
  Well as explained above in how the site works, you now understand how the training videos work, to add to that as stated there will be an elite level to actually upload a video of you roping showing the problem you have. I will then review the video and give instruction just for you. As stated this will be offered for an elite level subscription. The elite level and price will be coming in the future.
As to date in March of 2010 your paid basic subscription will give you full access to the growing video library. I keep adding growing because I add videos to the collection often. Not only am I still adding past videos I am adding my most recent videos as well.

 What is really coming to speedroping.com soon?  
In this section I can really clear up a lot of confusion and give you a glimpse of my vision! Not only is the training library growing as stated, I plan to add a lot more related topics, such as the equipment I use, like the best bit choices and what I look for when I am purchasing a roping horse and a ton more topics. My vision for the library is to give any roper with any question an answer. I did not build this library first and open my doors for business, I decided to allow my ropers to join me as it grows!

 speedroping.com Classifieds
Okay you should understand the training video library now, so how about other things offered at the site? Well I wanted to allow people to send me videos of their roping horses for sale that I could include on the public video side, once again the response has been overwhelming, so change has been made. I have started working with my Webmaster to employ a classified section. These classifieds will run like many others, for an ad rate you can upload or embed a video and have several pictures of your horse, cattle or equipment for sale. I plan to offer a "Featured" rate, giving featured status home page exposure, blog exposure and youtube exposure. With an up to date ad editor, you can build a great looking ad. I will offer many categories, like barrel and ranch horses but the general theme is team roping. My vision for the classifieds is to give my customers both, sellers and buyers a great experience! With the great response and overwhelming traffic the site is already getting, both sellers and buyers should have a good advantage. The classified section will be available to members only, a membership to the site will allow you access to the classifieds, news sections and to the coming store. There is a difference to a membership and a subscription. Memberships are free and subscriptions have rates. A membership does NOT give you access to the video library!


speedroping.com Store
speedroping.com products are coming soon! The site will have a store that houses speedroping.com logo products, such as caps, t-shirts, patches and stickers for your trailer. My vision is to carry a line for the whole family! Eventually I will stock embroidered polo style shirts, screen printed hoodies, gloves and jackets. For now, coming real soon we will have the basics.

News and Articles

Another feature coming soon will be "Pushing the Barrier" article. I plan to add this to the website soon. The latest article and past archives are already on the blog for your convenience.

Sponsors
A sponsor page is coming soon!



In a nutshell speedroping.com has been a great success so far! My passion for the sport makes doing this easy! I love to do clinics and teach people the knowledge I have gained from my career, online video training lets me reach a larger audience. My vision is to run an informative, updated, interative team roping site, that really helps my ropers no matter what they need.....

No comments:

Post a Comment